Atlas Soap and Candle Supplies - Holiday Gift Giving !
what else will bring the joy to your loved one's during this Gift giving holiday season.
The gift of giving with your very own creation.
I have a passion for creating soap with soothing and relaxing properties with health benefits.
Here's a recipe that will just do that ! Just in time for the holidays and very personal .
scents of Cinnamon and clove to welcome your christmas guests.
Christmas Spice Natural Soap
400 g (16oz) coconut oil
300 g (12 oz) olive oil
100 g ( 4 0z)watermelon oil
200 g (8 oz ) shea butter
330 g ( 13 oz spring water or distilled water
147 g ( 5 oz ) Sodium hydroxide
100 g ( 4 oz) Cocoa Powder
Essential Oils :
10 ml ( 2 tsp) sweet orange
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Cinnamon
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) clove
Superfatted at 4%
* weigh the coconut oil , weigh the olive oil, weigh the watermelon oil , weigh the shea butter and place in a plastic container.
* Put on your rubber gloves and goggles. weigh the water in the plastic container. weigh the sodium hydroxide in a jug.
*Measure out the essential oils and blend together. measure cocoa powder. Blend cocoa into essential oil.
* in a well ventilated area, wearing goggles and mask , pour the sodium hydroxide into the water. stir until dissolved with long handles stainless steel spoon. Set aside.
* Pour the caustic solution into the oils.Stir until light trace , then use stick blender . add cocoa paste and continue blending until full trace.
*Pour the soap into 11/2kg or 3 lb mould. Leave the soap to set for 48 hours or until hardened, then turn out of the mould to cut into bars.
* Optional * decorate using dried clove, cinnamon stick .
Let cure the bars for 4 to 6 weeks before use.
Happy Gift Giving !